Friday 7 December 2012

Magazine advert 1



Introduction-
·       Do you think your magazine is conventional to your genre? Consider the colours/connotation, images, layout etc
·       Do you think your target audience will be able to build a relationship with your artist?
 Evaluate-
·       What choices and decisions did you make and why?
·       Are your choices and decisions conventional to your music genre and why?
·       What could you change and why?
 Reflection-
·       How will this draft assist you with creating your second?

     When creating my magazine cover I aimed to invovle the the codes and conventions of the dance genre. I decided to make a black background to convey the idea of a club or party as it is dark and mysterious, also using a black background will make the bright lights and writing on my poster stand out more. I have put three bright lights at the top of the poster to convey the bright lights in clubs and to make them seem more like lights I have added a white colour in the middle and a blue misty outter glow. All three colours I have chosen for the bright light effect go together well and stand out. As I have used these three colours for the lights, for the rest of my poster I have stuck to these three colours so that my poster shows a colour scheme, although for part of the writing '(Ft Jo Surf)' I have written it in a green colour so that it stands out as it is a well-known singer so it may persaude the audience to listen to my album or to even buy it. I have chosen the colour white for the title of my artist 'Phil and the jukebox' because it stands out to all of the bright colours and black background, also I have placed it near the top of the poster as it is the most important writing. Also part of it is placed infront of the bright lights so it looks like the light is shinning on the writing, making it stand out and being the focus of the poster. As pink is the main colour of this poster, I have chosen an image of a woman but edited it with a pink glow effect so she matches the colour scheme as well as this she conveys the dance genre as she is wearing short shorts and a crop top and the picture shows notion of looking as it looks like it has captured a picture whilst she is dancing but she doesn't realise. I have put the image of the woman in the bottom left hand corner because this way it doesn't appear to the audience that she is the artist, I have used an image of her to convey the dance genre because of her clothing and the way she is posing, so she is more of a mascot for my poster and digipak. To fit in more of the pink colour scheme I have filled in the ministry of sound logo with a bright pink colour instead of keeping it white, this makes the poster more riveting.
   
      As I have chosen to make my music video dominantly concept based, I will not be showing my artist, so the artist will not be on my digipak or magazine cover either. Although my artist will not make an appearance I think my audience will build a relationship with the characters in the music video and the dancing woman on the front of my magazine cover. As there are various characters which portray different personas I think my audience will be able to relate to more than one of the characters. For example two entirely different characters would be the kind man who gives the homeless man a burger and the thief who mugs an innocent girl walking down the street. Also other characters in this video are the people dancing in the club, which  I think it the most relatable scene for my target audience.

      I decided to use three bright colours for my colour scheme as they all stand out and convey the bright lights in a club, which relates to the dance genre. The glowing affect I have put on the image of the woman is in pink because it is a bright colour and links in well with the three pink circles at the top and the pink logo, but as well as this it is a feminine colour and I think my target audience will relate to it especially the female audience. I have placed the title of our artist at the top in big, white writing so that it stands out and shows the main focus is on it. I have put the ministry of sound logo at the bottom as it is a key thing to have on my magazine advert as my artist is signed to their label but the advert is not trying to promote the label, so it is not that important.
      I would change the colour of the logo back to white, because it may be copyright infringement for changing the colour to pink, so to be sure that doesn't happen I will change it back to the original colour. Also the black background does relate to dance but the magazine looks slightly plain especially the middle section, so I would add more colour and differnet effects to the background to make it more eye catching.

      By creating this magazine advert draft, it has enabled me to see which weak and positive parts I have created in conveying my artist throughout the codes and conventions of the dance genre. As I aim to make my magazine advert stand out I will improve my background as on this draft I think it is too plain to convey the dance genre.






No comments:

Post a Comment