Tuesday 18 December 2012

Photoshoot


Why was a photoshoot essential to carry out?
A photoshoot was essential to have because in the dance genre woman are dressed in provocative or minimal clothing and are usually shown in dance videos and magazine covers, so when I decided to make my magazine cover and digipak I thought that using a woman would convey the codes and conventions of the dance genre. Also the picture of a female I use will be shown as if she is in a dancing pose, which conveys the dance genre. As I can only use primary sources for pictures because of copyright infringement, we decided to ask a friend to pose for them. As we are conveying the dance genre our group agreed that she should wear shorts and a crop top which will go fit in with the characteristics of woman wearing minimal clothing in the dance genre. Also she has big curly hair which is in fashion so as well as conveying the dance genre the picture will appeal to our target audience. We asked our friend to pose in a dance position, ensuring that we carried the photoshoot out with a white wall behind so that once we have the correct shot it will be easier to crop on photoshop. To ensure that we capture the picture we need for our album we will take about 20 shots of different poses and choose the ones which connote the dance genre the most.

Include a selection of photos and a description of where you can use them? (advert, digipak ect)
The first photo I have taken could be used on the inside of my digipak. In this photo my friend is wearing short shorts and a black vest. The shot looks as if it has been taken whilst she is in mid pose of dancing, which is a great way to convey our dance genre on the digipak and magazine. If I used this shot I would use it on my magazine and the front of my digipak as she looks like she is having a good time, also as she is in the age brackets of our target audience they will relate well with it. The reason I won't use this photo on my magazine or digipak cover is because her head is facing the floor but I want her to be looking straight or upwards.

In this second photo my friend is dressed in short shorts and a black crop top, so the clothing is slightly more provocative. Although I will not use this picture as her hair is not over her shoulder and for my digipak and magazine cover I wanted her hair to be seen as it will look like she has more movement. If I were to use this picture on my digipak I would crop the sides so it only shows the white background behind her also I would crop out her knees and below so the audience will not be able to see her ugg boots, as those do not conform  to the dance genre.



This third picture is similar to the second one as she is wearing a black crop top and short shorts and her hair is unsettled. To help convey the mid dance pose, her hair is in a position in which it appears that she was moving when the picture had been taken, this is good as it helps convey the dance genre.



Explain what photos you will use for your album and digipak and why?
will use the third picture on my digipak and magazine cover, as it will convey the dance genre well and appeal to my target audience. As the girl is in the bracket age of my target audience and is striking a dance pose I feel that it will appeal to both our female and male audience. Also she is wearing minimal clothing which relates to dance and her hair is in a moving position. 



Before and after photo showing our photoshop skills

Advert























Digipak












1 comment:

  1. This post demonstrates a good understanding of why you carried out a photoshoot. The before and after images also help to support the points that you have made and how the image represents dance.

    Ensure to include a third image, as you have already mentioned this in your analysis above.

    ReplyDelete